So it’s been a bit quiet around these parts! Apologies as I have been extremely busy working on a side project over the Summer Months!
I thought I would catch you up with everything #TeamSmith
- At the start of Summer it was one of Nathanael’s friends 1st Birthday! We had a great time having a Teddy Bears Picnic although in typical Nate fashion he was less than impressed that his Teddy was out and about and didn’t care much for the games – he was extremely happy with the food! He loves picnics.
- Our Church at the start of Summer had a Big Bike Ride, an event that happens each year and is great fun. In the years I have gone I haven’t biked once! It’s just nice to spend more time with a group of people I love. Nate again enjoyed the picnic part and went to pretty much every plate hoping that people would share, needless to say he had quite a small tea that night considering he had stuffed himself at lunch!
- We were so blessed to have some friends over a few weeks back, we serve on team together and with all of us having busy family and work lives it’s quite tricky to arrange – so glad we could though!
- As you will have seen in previous posts Nate is becoming quite the proficient baker I am teaching him the recipe to my famous Chocolate Brownies next!
- Every afternoon, once Luke has finished work we take ourselves to the park so Nate can play with his ball. I have explained before how much he loves his ball but he has taken it to a whole new level.In shops, in church, while out and about, Nate will greet those around him with the word “ball” now he knows “Hi” so it’s not a substitute word, he genuinely thinks that Mummy is being evil by not giving him the ball so he needs to ask someone else.
- Our Life Time English Heritage passes have been put to good use, with many a trip had to Brodsworth Hall – I am also really looking forward to the Medieval Joust at Bolsover Castle coming up soon!
- I have begun a loose “home school” with Nate, I have pretty much being doing things off the cuff and teaching him things we come across day to day but last week I found a great resource for preschool starting at age 2. Nathanael really seems to be enjoying it he loves the crafts, books and I can really see how his language will grow with a more structured plan.
So I have caught you up with a few things that we have been up to this Summer – I would love to know how you have been spending your “lazy” Summer days – let me know in the comments below!