Lets jump into all my favourites for this current month, I am on serious baby countdown at the moment so the year can fly by for me!
1. Baby Sprinkle: We were wonderfully spoilt by some incredible friends at our Baby Sprinkle this past month, as I shared on a pregnancy update you know you have struck it big when your friends tidy up your house and offer you drinks through a party! Love them!
2. Marks & Spencer Easy Peel Oranges: Yes I am that specific about where the oranges come from! I am sure we have all been there, you peel an orange from another food retailer and you play run the risk, is it too dry, is it “easy peel” are there a plethora of pips in, when it claims it is seedless? Then there is the taste I cannot bear it when they are sour. Marks and Spencer, I don’t know how they do it but it there quality control is fantastic and hands down these are the best oranges by far!
3. REN Evercalm Anti-Redness Serum: I had a major reaction to some products over a month ago and I think I have pinned it down to being sensitive to Limonene. When I say sensitive, I have never wanted to scratch my face off more and this is someone who had severe eczema as a child.
The joy of pregnancy is you can’t really do anything about it but wait it out, but once the itching subsided I purchased this serum and so far so good. It took away the redness as you would expect by the title, but the horrible lumps and bumps that awful ingredient left me with have gone and my skin feels so much the better for it!
(after having a look at that evil ingredient no wonder my sensitive skin had a reaction to it Limonene is also used as paint stripper and for cleaning off oil from machinery – why are they putting it in high end skin products!)
4. American Fridge Freezer: Thank goodness for our fridge freezer in the warm weather we have had over summer, crushed or cube ice on tap and freezing cold water yes please! There is nothing like the sound of ice cubes being made in 32 degree heat when you’re in your 3rd trimester!
5. Luke’s blog: A few months ago my hubby launched his blog and I must say it’s gone from strength to strength I am so proud! For a start it is a very practical blog – he will show you how to build a desk, changing table, as well as the mammoth task of a tidy and clean garage. If you are interested in web design he has that too but my favourite posts have to be ones where he just shares his general thoughts from when he has spent time with God.
6. New Carpet: This has been on the wish list for a while now, when we moved into our home the previous owners had not put cleanliness on the top priority. They clearly had dogs and or cats which had left stains here, there and everywhere and when selecting the colour of carpet for a brand new home they had chosen cream!
Luke and I had always said that we were leaving the carpets till Nathanael was potty trained at least and we also wanted to have all of the downstairs carpeted at the same time (I don’t ask for much) so it took some saving but this past month we achieved it! I adore my latte coloured, free from stains, new smell and great underlay carpet! It is the small things in life – now to save for upstairs lol.