Oh how my monthly favourites have changed now I have a newborn. Be warned we have moved on from favourite nail polish and lipstick to some “interesting” products that have helped me these past 19 days since Nathanael has been in the world. My husband thinks I am oversharing but this is a realistic blog plus I have a few friends who are expecting their first babies and they need to be warned …ehem I mean informed.
1. Shopping Trip – Before Nathanael was born I had a final shopping trip to Meadowhall with my Step Mum quite a unique experience being 9 months pregnant with step mum in tow in Victoria Secret needless to say we stuck to the cosmetics.
2. Medela Swing Breast Pump – Nathanael had a few issues on the feeding front at first. Ok major issues he dropped over 10% of his birth weight. We were put on a 2hr feeding regime including topping up with expressed milk. If I wasn’t breastfeeding I was pumping I did think at times I would start to moo like a dairy cow. Even with all this we had to top up with formula as well – there’s only so much one person can do! We have fortunately passed this stage and Nathanael is 100% breastfed now and has put all his weight back on plus more whoop whoop! My midwife, health visitor and breastfeeding support all have said if it wasn’t for me pumping at 3.30am in the morning we wouldn’t have been as successful. It was emotional and hard work but 7lbs of baby was not going to defeat me!
3. Changing Table – The changing table is now in use and I couldn’t be happier with Lukes creation. Its definitely larger than the ones we have seen in stores which I think is a good thing. It has tons of storage space and when Nate gets bigger we can still put it to good use. Especially after my C-Section this was a definite must. You can read all about Lukes building project here
4. Lansinoh Lanolin – I told you my lovelies was interesting. With all the feeding and pumping I have been coating myself in this stuff.
5. My obvious favourite – Nathanael. Is that face not adorbs? I am extremely biased I know.
6. Belly Bandit – Ok this is for vanity but to me its a necessity. I am not doing any crazy diet or stressing to lose weight because this isn’t good for breastfeeding and I have put too much effort into that to mess it up now. However no one wants a pouch (my number 1 concern with having a C-section) or to look 6 months pregnant. Enter the belly bandit it helps to shrink the uterus back, create good posture for breast feeding and also after a C-section it helps to stop the feeling that your stomach is about to drop out!
7. Wallaboo Footmuff – This was bought on recommendation from our next door neighbour this footmuff can go in a carrycot or car seat and is shearling lined meaning I can put Nathanael straight into his car seat without a pram suit on. The joy! plus when going into houses with central heating on I just undo the top cover and can leave him in the carseat without waking him up!
8. Food – For 2 weeks Luke and I haven’t had to cook this has been blissful. Our friends have been amazing and brought us over dinner including desert :o) The last thing you think about is cooking when your trying to get your head around a newborn so to have everything brought to us has been amazing!
9. My final and most important favourite – My husband! if it wasn’t for Luke over these past 19 days of having Nathanael with us I would have been formula feeding, in tear
s of frustration and generally in a bad mood. Luke has done all bar 2 of the nappy changes, has carried everything for me, has sat up at night with Nathanael so I can try and get some sleep. He has injected me for 7 days with anti blood clot drugs (he was quite proficient) has dressed me in my gorgeous white stockings because I couldn’t bend over to pull them up. Has seen WAY TOO MUCH!! even if he is my husband (don’t ask) He is the best father ever and certainly the best husband too! x x